Welcome back to Lamon Reviews. Today I wanted to give an update on my recent reads. There have been soo many great books. Many on my list were recommendations from other book bloggers and the podcast Reading Glasses.(they recommend great reads)
This list covers both August and so far in september. I think my favorite book for this year may have been found. I can not decide between the books I loved, they were all so wonderful.
📚Books I LOVED📚
- Experimental Magics by Alex Evans
- The Only Good Indians by Stephen G. Jones
- The Ruthless Lady’s Guide to Wizardry by C.M. Waggoner
- She Drives Me Crazy by Kelly Quindlen
- The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren
I was very lucky to get an arc copy of Experimental Magics by Alex Evans and it did not disappoint. Since it is the most recent finished it is the one most vibrant in my head. Let me just say, I will be reading more like this and can not wait for her sequals. You can check out her website here.
📚Books I liked!📚
- Act Your Age Eve Brown by Talia Hibbert
- Accidentally Engaged by Ferah Heron
- Red, White and Royal Blue by Casey Mcquiston
- Beast by Pepper Pace
I just recently found Pepper Pace as an author. So far I like the book I read and she has a large back catalog of published books I want to dive into. Beast was a good short romance.
📚 Currently Reading 📚
- Secrets of a One Night Stand by Naima Simone
📚Want to read Next 📚
- Under Color Of Law by Aaron Phillip Clark
- The Final Girl Support Group by Grady Hendrix
- Horror Stör by Grady Hendrix
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coello
I can not wait to read Under Color Of Law. I looks like a good read. Horror Stör has been on my TBR for about a month. Once again, author Grady Hendrix is a recommendation from Reading Glasses. Both of his books have such great reviews already, I’m excited to read them.
The Alchemist is a novel that I heard about outside of podcasts and book blogs. I came across it in a survey. It asked what I thought about several novels, and I have to admit there were about nine I had never heard of. Well of course I had to grab one, and The Alchemist looked the most interesting to me. Luckily it was at my local library! I do not expect I would have gravitated towards it other than my own rediculous curiosity.
There you guys have it. These are the books I have been reading and can’t wait to get into. What about you? What books have you read? What’s on your backlog? Let me know in the comments below.
And As Always…
Go forth, dear readers, support your favorite indie authors and encourage reading and literacy.